Does anyone actually know how to go about writing a first blog post?
One of my super awesome friends started a blog around this time last year (you should definitely check it out at naturallyninaeg.com). In her very first post she talked about how the first post of a blog is really hard to write and I couldn't agree more.
One of my intentions for 2018 was to put content out regularly on my blog. My goal is to get a minimum of 1 post out a month. Yet, here we are on January 29th, 2 days before the first month of the year is over and I'm only now starting post #1. A lot of this has to do with the fact that I just don't know how to start.
The biggest question that I've been thinking about since January 1st has been "how do I introduce myself? (without scaring people off)."
I've had a blog in the past where the sole focus was nutrition. My current self shakes my head at the Rachel from 2 years ago because that person believed nutrition was the be-all and end-all. My thought process was something along the lines of "If I can eat healthy all the time then I am a healthy person." Fast forward about 2 years later and now I know this couldn't be further from the truth.
While I shake my head at this past Rachel it also makes me proud of where I stand today. Which brings me to what I hope can be the underlying theme for this blog: growth & change. As soon as you stop growing you stop progressing, you become stagnant in life and that is not something I am interested in becoming.
If you have made it this far in my first post thank you! I hope you continue to check back and read future posts on topics such as fitness, mindset and nutrition as well as other random ideas that I may feel compelled to talk about.
Finally in case you are interested here are some quick little tidbits about me:
- I'm currently in school at Humber College in the Fitness and Health Promotion Program
- I have been working as a Swim Coach for the last 7 years
- After high school I went to New Zealand for 3 months on my own
- When I was in New Zealand I went Skydiving and Bungee Jumping
- I avoided coffee like the plague for years and now I love it!
- I drink my coffee black (but sometimes I splurge on a cappuccino if I'm at a fancy coffee shop)
- I am an extremely light sleeper (it's the most annoying thing that I have no idea how to change)
So there you have it, a bit about me and a bit about why I'm (re)starting this blog. Feel free to comment below, send me a message, or follow me on social media (where, similar to this blog, my posts are sporadic at best).
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!